Oct 23, 2014

Scott Krug Tells Bald-faced Lie on WPR Show

Update: State Rep preparing for 2018 bid for office that he vowed not to hold after 2014


A politician lying?

I know, but not this brazenly. This guy has to be held accountable for this one.

Scott Krug (R-Nekoosa, Wisconsin 72nd assembly district) was taken to task earlier this year by Dan Bice in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Here's what Scott Krug said in 2010:
"I'm for real," Krug said during a videotaped League of Women Voters of the Wisconsin Rapids Area forum on Oct. 20, 2010. "My kids are 11, 10, 9, 8, 7. If I went there for more than four years, they'd probably disown me. So even if I don't favor term limits," he continued, "I'm putting a term limit on myself right now for all the audience out there listening. Four years — done. Whoever else wants to come along, more than fine."
That's about as unequivocal as a campaign pledge gets. But then again Scott Krug will do or say anything.

Now Krug is denying this very morning he ever made the promise, though the promise was videotaped and it is linked everywhere.

Here's what Krug said this morning on Wisconsin Public Radio on the Route 51 Show with Glen Moberg (October 23, 2014) at the 28:43 mark:

"You know, the pledge is always taken out of context and I love talking about it because I always said, 'if there is somebody who comes along who can truly represent this district I will walk away gladly.' I don't have to stay here forever. It's something I love doing every day but I don't have to stay for you know six to eight, 10 terms, but you know when I saw my opponent who came out and announced January last year. It was a guy that kind of made (former Wisconsin state representative) Marlin Schneider look like a conservative Republican. I mean this guy is a strong progressive with really extreme views. That's something I'm not going to walk away from. I'm not going to let central Wisconsin go back to the same things it came out of. So, we're going to go for a couple of more terms probably."

What happened to "four years - done?"

Krug likes taking taxpayers' money. That's what happened. But Krug said he needs to save central Wisconsin.

When Krug made his 2010 campaign pledge it was unequivocal.

Bice also points out in another column that Krug said, "My first spending cut is promising not to collect one cent of (legislative) per diem money ever," Krug told the Wisconsin State Journal in 2010.

Krug changed his mind and decided to pocket "tax-free payments in 2013, banking $10,560 for 120 days of work in Madison. That comes on top of his salary of $49,943 per year."

Krug's stated reason this morning: He never said "ever," even though Krug stated precisely the pledge using the word, "ever."

Last Monday the League of Women Voters of the Wisconsin Rapids Area held its candidates' forum. Krug didn't show this time, he said he was too busy.

Scot Krug is not just a pro-CAFO lackey for Big Ag; Krug is a pathological liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment