Jun 12, 2019

Steven Avery Sends Message to Supporters after News of Stalling by Judge Angela W. Sutkiewicz

Steven Avery sends public a message from Waupun
maximum security prison.
News delivered to Steven Avery that Judge Angela W. Sutkiewicz is dithering on his case has not discouraged this innocent man featured in the Emmy-wining Making a Murderer.

Avery's attorney, Kathleen Zellner, posted Avery's message on Twitter this afternoon after visiting the wrongfully convicted man in a maximum security prison in Waupun, Wisconsin yesterday.

Avery has now served 34 years in prison. He was exonerated for the first frame-up after being cleared of an attack on an innocent woman in 1985.

Avery then sued Manitowoc County in a civil action that implicated several law enforcement officers.

While depositions were under way, police in the Manitowoc and Calumet sheriff offices in east-central Wisconsin framed Avery for the 2005 murder of Teresa Halbach.

Currently, the case has been sent back to Manitowoc County where Judge Angela W. Sutkiewicz is presiding.

The sheer demented consciousness of Wisconsin law enforcement has Avery's advocates both terrorized and incensed.

Wisconsin Attorney General Joshua Kaul (D) is leading the state effort to keep the innocent man imprisoned.

Steven Avery's message is reproduced below in Ms. Zellner's Tweet, and in text form.

Message from Steven Avery

To my supporters,
There are times that I feel like giving up. I've been in prison 34 years as an innocent man.
THIS IS NOT JUSTICE.
I was framed by corrupt prosecutors, bad lawyers, and crooked cops. I am fighting for my life. Can you hear me?
I need all the public support you can give me. I will not give up if you do not give up on me.
Thank you for your support.
Truth wins,

Steven Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment