Apr 16, 2007

Tommy Thompson and the Jews

Tommy Thompson speaking on the Jews and money: Ah geez, those Jews, nothing wrong with all that money they make, yaah!

No need for mockery or hyperbole. Thompson’s comments made today at the Reform Judaism’s Religious Action Center in D.C. make the man seem like, well, a provincial hick.

“I’m in the private sector and for the first time in my life I’m earning money. You know that’s sort of part of the Jewish tradition and I do not find anything wrong with that. I enjoy that,” said Thompson, reportedly to an aghast audience.

See also Haaretz.

Atrios:
”I would like to compliment my African-American readers on their dancing abilities and athletic prowess, my Asian-American readers on their studiousness, and of course my female readers for their excellence in homemaking....almost forgot to congratulate my white male readers for their astounding successes in the face of unprecedented oppression.”

See also The Forward.
###

No comments:

Post a Comment