|Republicans and Big Ag want to dismantle the|
EPA protecting the 160,000 public drinking
water systems, and 100,000s of private wells in the
rural U.S. Costs of drinking water pollution
is borne by consumers, and subsidized by
This should scare the hell out of everyone concerned for future generations and presently residing anywhere near an industrialized factory farm or CAFOs.
Factory farms are subsidized and pollute the water, air and land, demanding of the politicians they own that surrounding communities pay for the health and environmental destruction.
Recent press series
- Failure at the Faucet - Wisconsin Center for Investigative Reporting
- Ryan Schuessler' Something’s in the water in Kewaunee County, Wisconsin
- Big Ag Is Poisoning the Dairy State
- Kewaunee CARES (Facebook)
- Protect Wood County and Its Neighbors
- Midwest Environmental Advocates
- Farms not Factories
- Citizens Concerned about Lake Superior CAFOs
- Clean Wisconsin
- Rome and Saratoga Friendly
- River Alliance of Wisconsin
- Friends of the Central Sands
- Sierra Club - John Muir Chapter
- Aldo Leopold Foundation
- CAFOs - The Promise of Prosperity Versus the Ugly Truth (Joshua Yelle, (Research Fellow, Western Illinois University))
- Food Sovereignty: A Revolution in US Farm Policy, Dr. John Ikerd
- The Inevitable Economic, Ecological, and Social Consequences of CAFOs. University of Missouri-Columbia. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Sept. 2014. Ikerd, Dr. John. [See also Past and Recent Papers of Dr. John E. Ikerd.]
- Factory Farming: Unintended Consequences. Factory-Farming. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Sept. 2014.
- How Do CAFOs Impact the Environment. EPA. Environmental Protection Agency, n.d. Web. 25 Sept. 2014.
- Research Clarifies Health Costs of Air Pollution from Agriculture, Hansen, Kathryn.. NASA. NASA, n.d. Web. 1 Oct. 2014.
- How Sustainable Agriculture Can Address the Environmental and Human Health Harms of Industrial Agriculture, Horrigan, Leo, Lawrence, Robert S., Walker, Polly, Johns Hopkins University's Center for a Livable Future, July 9, 1999, n.d. web 24 Sept. 2014
- Understanding Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations and Their Impact on Communities (n.d.): n. pag. National Association of Local Boards of Health. Centers for Disease Control. Web, Hribar, Carrie.