Nov 2, 2012

Mayor Bloomberg Goes Colonel Kilgore: If I Say It's Safe to Surf This Beach ...

You can either surf, or you can fight!
Update: After widespread uproar, Mayor Bloomberg cancels recreational event.

Mayor Bloomberg says it's safe.

But Bloomberg sounds more like Col. Bill Kilgore of Apocalypse Now than a protector of the City's economy.

NBC News:

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's decision to proceed with the world's largest marathon on Sunday is stirring up controversy in the storm-ravaged metropolis.

"If they take one first responder from Staten Island to cover this marathon, I will scream," New York City Councilman James Oddo said on his Twitter account. "We have people with no homes and no hope right now."

- Are you crazy, Goddammit? Don't you think its a little risky for some R and R?

- If I say its safe to surf this beach, Captain, then its safe to surf this beach! I mean, I'm not afraid to surf this place, I'll surf this whole fucking place!

Maybe the Mayor should listen to Councilman Oddo ... and Captain Willard.

No comments:

Post a Comment