By Mark Pocan
Their top priorities for 2012?
- Eliminating a woman’s right to choose, even in cases of rape or incest
- Ending Medicare as we know it, replacing it with a voucher system
- Rejecting any legal recognition for same-sex couples
- Opposing federal funding for stem cell research
- Ending affirmative action policies
The bottom line? It is just too extreme.
When Republicans are talking about “legitimate rape” and privatizing social security, you know that they have taken it too far.
Help me stand up to these extreme ideas and pitch in $5 or more to my campaign to help Democrats win big in November.
I’ve spent years in the Wisconsin legislature fighting for victims of rape and sexual assault by authoring and passing the Compassionate Care for Rape Victims Act. This is the kind of legislation we need in Congress, not a “Human Life Amendment” that would ban emergency contraception.
The extreme right-wing has taken it too far this year, and we need to send a message loud and clear that their ideas are not what Americans want.