You know not to ask him about his service, but he's pretty descriptive when he's in the mood to talk. [Duff is pictured at right in 1969 in China Beach.]
One of his topics of concern now-a-days is the war-all-the-time obsession of the state of Israel. Predictably, this has earned him the enmity of a Haaretz columnist who brands Duff as a "conspiracy theorist" this morning.
So to Danna Harman:
- Yes, Israel has no influence over American foreign policy.
- Yes, Israel has no Lobby and no power over the U.S. Congress.
- Israel has no intelligence agencies.
- Israel has no propaganda machine.
- Israel is not an occupying power in the occupied territories.
- Israel does not bulldoze houses.
- Israel did not kill Rachel Corrie.
- Israel has never attacked Lebanon and Gaza.
- Israel has a wonderful human rights record.
- You get the point: Israel is just a poor country with no military, no imperial ambitions, and certainly nothing but love for Islamic people the world-over.