Jul 8, 2009

Dowd Skewers Palin Again

Update: Funny how Palin makes one long for Mencken. See Kathleen Parker's Gold Rush In Alaska.

Mean Maureen mocks Sarah Palin's Sarah’s Secret Diary:

It’s the same old double standard. I am not one of those who would whine and cuss. It’s just not how I’m wired!!! But the minute I start to whine and cuss, the mainstream media totally misunderstands my verbiage and the combination of things that brought me to this place of knowing. And I know that I know that I know those crappy bloggers will put out more confliction stories. ... Pundits think I should read a book before I write one??? Man, I feel a grizzly rising up in me!!!

That's two consecutive columns that Dowd has mocked Palin in a manner that would make H.L. Mencken proud in reporting on a fundamentalist revival meeting in Tennessee in the 1920s.

But this nut Palin was one election away from becoming Vice President of the United States. And that's not so very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment