Feb 6, 2009

Novak Bows Out

Just received an e-mail that Robert Novak, of the Evans-Novak Political Report among many other pursuits in political journalism, is stepping aside due to ill health. And the Evans-Novak Political Report, a fixture of American politics, will also cease publication after some 46 years.

Novak's farewell note is below:

Dear Reader,
As you may have read in the Evans-Novak Political Report, my recent health issues have forced me to give up active participation in the newsletter. Thankfully, my gifted deputy, Tim Carney, has ably filled the void for the past few months.

However, with the election and the inauguration behind us, and after much thought and deliberation with my publisher, we have decided that it is time to retire the Evans-Novak Political Report.

As you might imagine, this was an extremely difficult decision for me, and one I did not make lightly. It has been an honor to report on American politics for more than five decades, covering eight presidents, 23 Congressional elections and state and countless local elections and issues. I am grateful for your support of the Evans-Novak Political Report over the years, and wish you and your family all the best.

Sincerely,
Robert D. Novak

No comments:

Post a Comment